Vestas Graduate Programme
Vestas is the world leader in delivering wind energy. We have already installed over 44,000 turbines in 66 countries across five continents. A new turbine is being installed every 3 hours, saving the world from over 40 million tons of CO2 every year. In fact, Vestas turbines generate more than 60 million MWh a year, enough power to provide electricity for every household in a country the size of Spain with its population of 45 million. That is why Vestas is No. 1 in Modern Energy.
Applications: No intake in 2013
Vestas is currently undergoing a major restructuring, but there is still more to do to ensure we have both sustainable profitability and the right organisation for the future. At a time where we still face transforming our organisation internally and realigning resources, it is not possible to take in Graduates and there will be no intake in 2013. The entire wind industry faces similar challenges.
We are proud of our Graduate Programme, and the high calibre of Graduates we attract. And we continuously work to ensure the highest quality Graduate experience and high standards in career development within Vestas. In these times of uncertainty this is unfortunately not possible. During 2013 it will be decided whether there will be an intake to Vestas Graduate Programme in 2014.
Vestas' core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale and maintenance of wind technology that uses the energy of the wind to generate electricity. Our expertise in wind energy covers more than just wind turbines. We specialise in planning, installation, operation and maintenance. Our competencies cover everything from site studies to service and maintenance.
Join the Vestas Graduate Programme and kick-start your career
Our Graduate Programme is a critical part of our strategy to seek out future business leaders, engineers and project managers; gifted individuals who would like to embark upon an exciting, global career at Vestas.
Challenging the world's best talent to take us forward
Launched in 2006, the Vestas Graduate Programme welcomes up to 70 highly talented individuals each year, with teams starting up in March and September. Our mission is to challenge and develop the best graduates, turning them into dynamic professionals who will take up key positions with us in the near future.
The two-year programme is divided into different graduate tracks, each comprising three eight-months assignments. Over the two years, you will work in three different locations, or business units, on different projects.
These are full-time, paid positions, progressing steadily in terms of challenge and responsibility. For each assignment, the emphasis is on giving you the tools, support and knowledge to learn on the job.
We typically offer graduate tracks in the following areas, each covering a certain area of the Vestas Value Chain:
Sales & Markets
- Key Account Management
- Government Relations
- Marketing & Customer Insight
Finance, Supply Chain & Operations
- Business Performance Excellence
- Sustainability (CSR)
- Supply Chain Management
Technology & Engineering
- Quality Management
- Production Engineering
- Technology R&D
As a Vestas graduate, you'll benefit from:
- Four graduate training camps over two years.
- Ongoing meetings with one of our talent development specialists, to enhance your personal growth through self-assessment, coaching and feedback.
- Teams of graduates from all backgrounds and with experience from a variety of business units.
- A mentor to provide business advice on how best to progress your career with us, and to help you grow your network of contacts within Vestas.
- A global network of more than 100 graduates to share experiences and discuss ideas.
- Three different managers and sets of colleagues to learn from.
- Performance development dialogue (PDD) - you'll have an appraisal interview with your manager during each assignment, to evaluate your performance and help define your goals and expectations.